Sunday was the first day of Fall, my absolute favorite season. There is nothing better a beautiful fall day and a pumpkin latte. Fall is really the only season where a vest makes sense, pumpkin beer is on tap at nearly ever bar and you see more football jerseys than any other article of clothing.
Since it is officially a new season, what better way to start fresh then with a Fall To-Do List. Check out some of the things I want to do this Fall, and let me know what you are looking forward to.
- Make three new soups. I am thinking thai pumpkin soup, white velvet soup, and sweet potato soup with spicy jalapeno
- Go apple picking (Matt, don’t let me down) and make (1) apple sauce, (2) an apple pie with a perfect, Martha Stewart-esk, lattice crust and (3) deep fried apple pie bites
- Host a pre-football game brunch at our new apartment
- Run the New York City Marathon on November 3rd (well, I guess it is official now… I announced it on the blog, I’ve got to do it!)
- Carve a pumpkin
- Visit my sister in VA
- Volunteer with at least 4 different Robin Hood funded programs.
- Buy our very first REAL Christmas tree. and because we have 15′ high ceilings in our new apartment, I’ll be eyeing a big one!
- Make these bedside tables: For Me, For Matt
- Go on a Hike. I hear Bear Mountain is good but welcome other suggestions!