Over the holiday weekend Matt and I took a trip up to Boston. Despite the heat we had such an incredible visit. I think it was the first time that we had taken trip that wasn’t for a wedding or a “real” vacation. We just went to a different city, saw lots of great friends, spent time with our families and just relaxed. It was lovely.
A few highlights from the trip:
- Walking through Harvard Yard for the first time in years. Literally, I think the last time I was there was in 2010 for our friend’s wedding!
- Going to the Red Sox game. Thankfully our seats were shaded for most of the game or else I would have melted.
- Spending the 4th with some of Matt’s high school friends & watching the fireworks from a roof top in Southie
- Visiting our friends in Hingham and dipping our toes in the ocean
- Buying our first car!
- Eating burgers and hot dogs on the back deck with Matt’s parents
- Hanging out with my college roommate, her husband and their new baby boy – they even trusted Matt enough to hold him
- Spending the day with my parents in Boston – of course they made it educational by taking us to the MFA!
- Getting ice cream from my favorite place (Cafe Podima) on Sunday before our bus home
I need to extend to HUGE thank you to one of our friends who made the trip possible. He was kind enough to let us stay in his beautiful downtown Boston condo. Unfortunately he was out-of-town, so we didn’t’ get to spent time with him, but having a place to go home to made the trip that much better.
It was great to be back in the land that embraces madras print, pinstripe and Lilly Pulitzer all topped off with a Red Sox hat.