Matt and I have been watching A LOT of the Walking Dead lately. I have to admit, it has been having a negative impact on our lives.
1. Matt is now convinced that we need to become gun owners in anticipation of the pending zombie apocalypse. I’m sticking to my liberal ways and think we should learn how to shoot a crossbow.
2. I’ve woken up multiple times in the middle of night thinking that Matt is trying to rip out and eat my guts
3. I’ve stopped grocery shopping, because scavenging around in our cupboards for something edible seems perfectly acceptable. It’s gotten pretty bad – last night for dinner I ate a tortilla. Not, not a tortilla wrapped around something delicious or covered with melted cheese to make a quesadilla. Just a plain tortilla. Tonight’s menu looks like canned chick peas and frozen mango.
4. Since we’ve watched about 25 episodes in the last week or so, we are now desensitized to the goriness – I was literally complaining that 20 minutes into an episode there wasn’t a single bloodied, rotten corpse. And I said it like that was a bad thing.
5. Matt has repeatedly stated that he would dominate in a zombie apocalypse. Like that might actually happen.
I am starting to realized why my parents didn’t let us have cable going up. That whole “tv turns your brain into mush” might actually be true.