So the Super Bowl is next weekend. I am thrilled because my beloved Patriots are playing. However, everyone else in this stupid city seems to be rooting for the Giants. Going to a bar or restaurant to watch the game is totally out of the question for three reasons:
1. They are going to be WAY too crowded
2. If the Patriots lose I will have to deal with the obnoxious Giants fans pouring salt in my wounds
3. If the Patriots win I will probably be shot on the way home
So, I decided that we should host a Super Bowl party at our house. We have a pretty big tv and amazing new speakers that my parents go us for Christmas. And clearly, after last year’s event, we all know I would make an incredible spread that rivals anything a bar could product. the only problem is, we have a lot of friends who are Giants fans (I know… I can’t believe it either…). I decided that Iw ould be the bigger person and include them in our festivities – and I didn’t even make fun of the Giants too badly in my email invitation:
Matt and I are trying to get a sense if people would be interested in coming to our apartment for a super bowl party. Clearly, our home is a Patriots cheer zone; but I guess we would welcome Giants fans too. Just don’t wear a Manning shirt; he sucks.
Let us know if you already have plans, would prefer a bar, or are psyched about the idea of coming over, eating buffalo chicken dip and have a massive Tom Brady love fest. And you can guarantee that there will be a sweet “Focus on the Little Things” blog post about the party that you may be featured in (I know, it is every one’s dream to make the blog).
Will follow up with details if people want to do it. And we won’t be offended if you would rather watch it elsewhere, so just let us know!
Here is a sampling of the responses I got back:
1. i can only imagine how delicious all the treats would be at your apartment but unfortunately i am a die-hard giants fan
and since i love the two of you very much, i don’t want to end our friendship with me punching someone in the face. i think i have to decline
2. Thanks for the invite, but we’re going to a friend’s party, viewing site of the last dramatic victory by the glorious New York Giants over the insufferable, cheating Patriots.
3. I don’t think I would ever be allowed back into the my parent’s house if I went to a Patriots Super Bowl Party.
4a. The Pats are wicked terrible. Not sure I can step foot in an apt that supports a man that dances like this…real tough guy.
4b. He also is the spokesman for Stetson and Uggs. Go giants
Leave it to Giants fans to put their loyalty to a sub-par team over their friends. Serves me right for expecting a little decency from NY sports fans. So it looks like it will be just Matt and me at our house next Sunday, alone with a giant vat of buffalo chicken dip!
Keep it classy Pats fans.
**WARNING, this video contains vulgar language (that a Pat’s fan would never use)