This weekend I am going to visit my lovely parents for the weekend. I find it extremely important for my mental health that I return to my home base every so often to “re-charge” and “re-fuel” on PMA (positive mental attitude). Matt jokes that I am like Superman returning to Krypton.
I love spending time with my parents and being in my hometown. I like spending a night or two in my small twin bed and poking through the piles of things I have left in my parent’s basement, hoping to reclaim them once I move out of the shoebox, Matt and I like to call home in NYC (Ok, our apartment isn’t really THAT small, but I like the dramatic effect of calling it a shoebox)
- I love the predictability of life at my parents’ house.
- I like knowing that by 10-10:30pm, both of my parents will be falling asleep on the couch as they watch some detective type show like Numbers or Law and Order.
- I like knowing that Saturday night dinner will probably be hamburgers on the grill and corn on the cob.
- I like knowing that our basement is always fully stocked with craft supplies
- And I LOVE knowing that if I suggest to my mom that we get ice cream at the local drive is, she will support that 100%
I can’t wait to see what fun the weekend brings. Of course we will miss Abby but I am sure we will have some quality iPad face time to try and include her. (I guess I should say we will miss Matt too since he is part of the family now… )
I hope that you all do something you love this weekend. It is a special time to remember, reflect and appreciate those “little things” in life that you can sometimes take for granted.