This weekend is the Pan Mass Challenge. My sister, Matt and I will all be riding 191 miles from Sturbridge, MA to Provincetown, MA. Why are we doing this you ask? Here are our top 10 reasons:
1. After getting married just over a month ago, we thought this would be a good bonding experience for me, Matt, and Abby. Matt is so excited about spending more than 48 hours with Abby and me.
2. Lance Armstrong is riding this year. Performance enhancing drugs or not, just to breath the same air as him will be incredible.
3. We look awesome in bike shorts – especially Matt.
4. It is an excuse to wear matching outfits. We don’t have too many of these occasions since retiring our “Gator A” and “Bad to the Bone” swim team shirts.
5. We can eat as many peanut butter and fluff sandwiches as we want and no one will judge.
6. It is a good way to get a dose of “small town America,” something that we lack in NYC.
7. There is free beer at the end of each days’ ride.
8. It is a good way for Abby to meet some guys. And with me and Matt at her side, she is sure to do well. Can someone say wingman?
9. The ride ends in p-town. Enough said.
10. To raise money for cancer research and treatment. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Just as I did last year, I will blog throughout our ride, taking a few minutes every waterstop to update you on our progress. So please follow along as we ride through the towns that line our route and pass by the people who come out to support the PMC. I will try to give you a sense of what it is like to ride for such a worthy cause. Thank you so much to everyone who has donated to my ride. You are the true heroes this weekend.
It is not to late to make a donation. Please visit My Fundraising Page